Large groups, particularly conglomerates, keep a robust monetary energy over a nation. These personal enterprise businesses deal with many monetary demanding situations like the difficulty of export diversification, productiveness enhancement, and growth of enterprise to create extra jobs for the human beings of Bangladesh. In the 2017-18 economic year,
Bangladesh noticed its highest-ever GDP boom of 7.86 percent. And this boom became feasible because of the short commercial growth and enterprise possibilities to be had in Bangladesh. Top 10 Group of Companies in Bangladesh The multi-enterprise
groups are a massive asset to Bangladesh. They now no longer simplest play a primary function in our country’s financial system however additionally constitute Bangladesh on the worldwide platform. Here is a listing of the pinnacle ten businesses of groups in Bangladesh.
1. Akij Group Founded in 1940 with the aid of using Sheikh Akijuddin, Akij Group is one in every of the most important business conglomerates in Bangladesh. In 2009, Akij contributed 2% of the country’s general price range and have become Bangladesh’s biggest nearby taxpayer. With over 70,000 employers, they may be serving each nearby and global markets
with their pleasant products. Akij Group has its know-how in numerous industries, together with tobacco, meals and beverage, cement, ceramics, textiles, pharmaceuticals, customer products, and plenty of more. Akij Group has 24 essential problem agencies of which Akij Biri Factory Ltd, Akij Plastics Limited, and Akij Cement Company Ltd are a number of the maximum famend withinside the country.
2. Bashundhara Group Bashundhara Group, to begin with commenced as a actual property commercial enterprise undertaking beneathneath the name “East-west Development Company” (EWPD). The adventure of Bashundhara Group commenced in 1987, and Ahmed Akbar Sobhan changed into the founder. After the a hit operation of EWPD, Bashundhara commenced to extend and put money into numerous different fields, together with the producing and buying and selling
industry. They paintings with over 20 essential problem agencies that consist of East-West Property Development, Bashundhara Cement Industries Limited, East West Media Group, Social Islami Bank Limited, Bashundhara Kings, Rangpur Riders, and Bashundhara City purchasing mall.
3. Beximco Group Beximco Group is a assorted commercial conglomerate that’s additionally a well-reputed multinational organisation in Bangladesh. The Beximco Group become based in 1970 via way of means of brothers – Ahmed Sohail Faisur Rahman and ASF Rahman. Beximco is one in every of South Asia’s principal vertically incorporated fabric and garb businesses, and it’s the first-ever Bangladeshi organisation that were given featured at the London
Stock Exchange. Modern fabric, pharmaceuticals, ceramics, and records generation are a number of the regions of information of the organisation. They have over 60,000 employees, and that they export its items to 103 countries. Beximco Group has numerous sister situation businesses in eight one-of-a-kind segments. Beximco Pharmaceutical Ltd, Beximco Computers
Ltd, Beximco Foods Ltd, Beximco Holdings Ltd, Beximco Engineering Ltd, Shinepukur Holdings Ltd, Padma Textile Mills, Beximco Textile Ltd, Beximco Apparels Ltd are a number of the famous businesses amongst them. Besides, BEXIMCO’s pharmaceutical on my own exports merchandise to forty five countries.
4. S Alam Group S. Alam Group, any other Bangladeshi commercial and industrial conglomerate, become based via way of means of Mohammed Saiful Alam in 1985. S Alam Group works withinside the following segments: C.I Sheets, Color covered Iron sheet, Cement, Vegetable oil, C.R Coil, Soya Seed extraction, Public Transport, Gas Refueling Station, P.P Woven Bags, Agro farms, Natural gas, heavy oil, furnace oil and different primarily based totally energy technology plant, Real Estate, Hotels
5. City Group The adventure of City Group commenced with City Oil Mills Ltd which became a mustard oil agency assignment based through Fazlur Rahman in 1972. With extra than 10,000 employees, their commercial enterprise now covers customer goods, foods, steel, printing
Initially, Walton started its journey as a local business conglomerate under the name R. B. Group founded by SM Nazrul Islam in 1977. After his demise, Walton has become a company of five brothers. They started to produce and market electricals, electronics, automobiles, smartphones, and other appliances under the name “Walton” in 2000. This is how Walton Group came into being. Walton Group has one of the largest well-equipped R & D facilities in the world. With over 20,000 employees the company has 22 production bases on 680+ acres of land.
It has established itself as the biggest tech giant in Bangladesh as Walton now occupies 66% share of the refrigerator market, 50% share of the television market, and 33% share of the air conditioner market. Walton Group has 8 sister concerns including Walton Hi-Tech Industries Limited, Walton Micro-Tech Corporation, Walton Digi-Tech Industries Limited, and Walton Motors. This company is now valued at USD 4.5 billion, with yearly revenue of roughly USD 1 billion.
7. Abul Khair Group
Abul Khair Group is one of the first billion-dollar selling companies in Bangladesh which was founded by Abul Khair in 1953 at Chattagram. Their first venture was in tobacco production, but now they sell various types of products like iron sheets, deformed bars, cement, cigarettes, condensed milk, milk powder, and the list goes on and on. There are around 45,000 employees that work with his company all over the world. Abul Khair Group has many subsidiary companies. Among them, Abul Khair Steel Mills Ltd, Abul Khair Tobacco Ltd, Abul Khair Condensed Milk Ltd, Abul Khair Industries Ltd, and Abul Khair Sheets Ltd are the most recognized ones.
8. Pran-RFL Group
Pran-RFL Group, one of the biggest agro-food producers in Bangladesh, was founded by Retired Major General Amzad Khan, and the company has been in the market since 1981. Judging from the name, the company is classified into two categories: “PRAN” and “RFL.” Pran now works
with food and beverage items that are exported to over 138 countries throughout the world. 80,000 direct employers and 200,000 indirect employees manage the corporate operations. RFL began its journey by manufacturing Cast Iron (CI) products in 1980 and became one of the PVC manufacturing plants in Asia.
Companies like Pran Foods Ltd, Rangpur Foundry Ltd, RFL Pipe and Fittings, and Regal Furniture are all subsidiaries of Pran-RFL Group. The organization primarily works with food, agro, agriculture utilities, kitchen utilities, building materials, light engineering, PVC fittings, and industrial items.
8. Meghna Group
Meghna Group of Industries (MGI) founded by Mostofa Kamal can be traced back to 1976, when it used to operate under the name of Kamal Trading Company. Mostofa Kamal started by importing some commodities on a limited scale and then established Meghna Vegetable Oil
Industries Ltd in 1989. Meghna Group of Industries has been manufacturing and marketing various fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG) & commodities ever since. Today, Meghna Group has 36 manufacturing units and employs over 35,000 employees.
In 2017 the sales turnover surpassed $2 billion last year, and now its annual turnover is approximately $2.5 billion. Meghna’s industrial units cover fast-moving consumer goods, cement, commodities, chemicals, seed crushing, fish and poultry feed, power generation, salt, bottled water, and industrial products.
10. Square Group
We have another top pharmaceutical conglomerate to mention in this list, Square Group. It was founded by Samson H Chowdhury and his 3 friends in 1958. However, this private firm went public in 1991. From health, textiles, and agro vet products, to consumer products, Square
Group is successfully manufacturing high-quality products in all these segments. There are many subsidiary companies under the Square group, and among them, Square Pharmaceuticals Ltd, Square Hospitals Ltd, and Square Food & Beverage Limited are the most popular ones. They have 28,000 employees working for them all around the world.